hbatch and hython with multiple versions

2249   4   1
230 posts
hi, in our uni we have installed 3 versions of houdini, 11.0 - 11.1 - 12.0. when ever I launch hbatch from shell it uses hbatch 11.0 and the same happens with hython:
Houdini 11.0.469 hou module imported.

I have a program to run simulations and rendering from shell and through the network but I want to use h12 not the older version. How can I do that?
373 posts
How are you running hython? …I'm just guessing here, but instead of running ‘hython’ from the terminal try running:

/pathtohoudini12.0/bin/hython instead?
Ian Farnsworth
230 posts
Solitude
How are you running hython? …I'm just guessing here, but instead of running ‘hython’ from the terminal try running:

/pathtohoudini12.0/bin/hython instead?

Thank you Solitude, you guessed right, i will try that!
I guess this is the same with the mantra command? Is there any env variable to set the default for any of these?
373 posts
Yup, it'd be the same for mantra / hython / hbatch etc most likely. What's happening is your one version of houdini is in the search path – the $PATH variable. Look up modifying the search path (that's what $PATH is) for whatever shell you're using (likely bash or csh). Though your shell is setting it automatically somewhere – It's likely in your ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bashrc or if you are using csh it might be in ~/.cshrc. Anyways, those are my guesses.
Ian Farnsworth
230 posts
cheers
  • Quick Links