Render instancing display problem

3351   9   2
29 posts
Hey guys I'm instancing an object at rendertime, I activated the render parameter that allows me to do that and I have a simple box beeing copied as a proxy object into a point cloud that I'm using too drive the copy node.
The problem is that when I try to use the point cloud for the instances and ctrl click its display flag so I use it only at rendertime, and alt click the copy node flag so I can use it as proxy, everything works fine at rendertime but in my viewport I keep seeing the detailed render object and what is worst, it is not scattered in my point cloud, is scattered in the points of the boxes trhat use the point cloud to get scattered trough a copy node.
ho, I also forgot to comment that the “proxy” gets scaled in the viewport way bigger than it appears on render.

anybody knows where i'm wrong?

Thanks

Attachments:
DisplayFlagsProblem_04.jpg (32.9 KB)
DisplayFlagsProblem_03.jpg (237.0 KB)
DisplayFlagsProblem_02.jpg (63.1 KB)
DisplayFlagsProblem_01.jpg (66.7 KB)

29 posts
sorry, mixed up the images

Attachments:
DisplayFlagsProblem_02.jpg (123.4 KB)

112 posts
May be this file will help you.

Attachments:
point_instancing.hipnc (120.3 KB)

29 posts
Thanks!, actually that worked too, I still would like to know if anyone has any Idea why it wasn't working with the rendering parameter I added to the asset, (I added an instance render parameter to the asset)
112 posts
If you can upload a file it will be easier to reply.
29 posts
Ok, here's the file, I'm instancing using an instance atribute on the brickify operator render tab.

Attachments:
Pixelize_Instance_Prob.hipnc (1.6 MB)

112 posts
When you want to visualise geo in viewport for reference set both the flags on copy operator. But when you want to render set both the flags on blast sop and you will see instance obj being instanced on the point cloud in the rendered view.

When you copy boxes on the point cloud and set just display flag on it , points of the output of copy operator are used for instancing but actually you want it to consider ouput of blast node for instancing. The last node coocked at geometry level in an object, it's output (it's points) will be used for instancing object.
29 posts
but what if I want to have one to display a proxy and the other one to serve as the output,?
I tought because the instance is a render function it would look for the render flag as its source.
112 posts
The one solution that I can think off is export your point cloud in a new object which has point instancing turned on. And use your existing object which is generating point cloud for copying boxes for visualization, turn off it's point instancing ability. If you want to visualize go to old obj's geometry level. Turn off it's display flag at scene level.
When you want to render go to scene level , make sure display flag of only new obj is turned on.
I dont know if there is any other simple soln.
29 posts
Thanks a lot, for your time!, I really appreciate it
  • Quick Links