language sets

3082   3   2
80 posts
The font sop doesn't seem to understand russian, I get question marks, is it possible to get the font to recognise this? At the moment I'm doing a trace, but it's not satisfactory. Thanks.
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
1192 posts
The Font SOP is a living fossil.
In 2012, and within an application that is targeting a global audience, there is pretty much nothing useful that can be done with it if you're not from US, UK or Western Europe.

Instead of a trace, you can do the text in Illustrator, convert it to outlines and import the EPS.
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
80 posts
My first attempt at illustrator eps resulted in an empty file - lol. Will keep trying though and thanks.
tea-time + rand(FF) = true
1192 posts
In Illustrator, when you do Save as, choose Illustrator 8 (or even Illustrator 3), not the CS versions.
Be sure to convert the text to curves.
Middle click on the file SOP to see there really are no curves, and check your viewport homing as sometimes EPSs import very large in size and you need to scale them down or zoom out a lot.
Be sure to export from a compatible app. I can import stuff exported from Illustrator, but when I exported EPSs from Inkscape I got nothing useful.
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
  • Quick Links