Glue Constraint Network

7964   3   1
23 posts
I'm working on a building demolition and would like to gain more control over my constraint network. Ideally, I'd like to be able to control the strength and clustering of different sections of the building. I'm using Glue Pieces and Glue Cluster at the SOP level to feed a Glue Network Constraint in DOPs.

I've been trying to pass “strength” up to the glue network but this only half works since the Glue Cluster uses an inter- and intra- strength. I've also tried transferring groups to the glue net and applying a Glue Cluster to each group and then merging. This doesn't work, of course, because the Glue Clusters just overwrite each other.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
GLUE_NET_EX_V01.hipnc (332.3 KB)

23 posts
I came up with a solution that gives me the per-object control I want but it's kind of sloppy. Instead of having one fracture object that contains both walls I've made a fracture object for each wall. Then, by transferring some groups into the glue net, I'm able create two glue clusters from the same constraint network (Glue Pieces). I then change the strength attribute to something unique for each wall to keep them from overwriting in DOPs. Lastly, I use two glue constraint networks in DOPs with their respective strength attributes on each of my fracture objects.

While this works for my purposes, it seems like a pretty inelegant solution. Any thoughts on how to improve this setup?

Attachments:
GLUE_NET_EX_V02.hipnc (353.0 KB)

11 posts
cubiccube
I came up with a solution that gives me the per-object control I want but it's kind of sloppy. Instead of having one fracture object that contains both walls I've made a fracture object for each wall. Then, by transferring some groups into the glue net, I'm able create two glue clusters from the same constraint network (Glue Pieces). I then change the strength attribute to something unique for each wall to keep them from overwriting in DOPs. Lastly, I use two glue constraint networks in DOPs with their respective strength attributes on each of my fracture objects.

While this works for my purposes, it seems like a pretty inelegant solution. Any thoughts on how to improve this setup?

I cant open your scene to see, it s my proble or the files are broken?
23 posts
Working on 12.0.634..but I did notice that all the display flags are off so maybe that's confusing
  • Quick Links