Pyro Clarification

3143   4   2
19 posts
Hi guys. I have a question to ask.

Assuming I'm trying to set a corner of a cupboard on fire, i can't select just the faces to apply the pyro system right.

What are the ways i can do that?

The only way i can think of is to duplicate the corner of the cupboard out as a geometry and light it up.
Game on!
373 posts
You can break off the pieces of geometry that you need and use those as source instead, or you can use attributes to determine what parts of the geometry are used and what isn't by using the fuel attribute. Though if the geometry is huge, it'll be slower to calculate the whole thing if you just want a smaller chunk to be on fire. I would probably opt for breaking of the largest piece you would need, and use that as a source.
Ian Farnsworth
19 posts
Sorry for the late reply. Breaking it down would be a good but it'll be more troublesome.

I googled and seen people about a paint fuel onto the geometry function? any idea how does it work?
Game on!
257 posts
Hey,

look under Contrainer Tools shelf, there's Paint Fuel and Temperature tools to do what you want. Then point to the fuel and temperature fields in the inside autodopnet > pyro > initial data tab. Maybe shelf tools will do it for the user but am unsure, good luck!

eitht.
390 posts
In addition to painting keep in mind that you can manipulate the actual fuel field by any means in sops. If you look at how the shelf tool sets up the fluid source sop, it will make 3 fields: fuel, temperature and vel. These are just standard volumes.. 2 scalars and a vector, respectively. You don't even need to use the fluid source sop, it just makes things easier. But in reality you can create any kind of fuel field you'd like in sops. Just make sure that in the source volume dop that the sop to dop bindings (names) are correct.
  • Quick Links