I3d motion blur

3962   5   1
48 posts
I'm trying to add motin blur to the atmosphere setup I have. is it possible to have motion blur with i3d?
288 posts
I posted the same question in this page, you can find it.
^_^
639 posts
Hmm… I haven't dealt with Houdini's default i3d shader and such, so not sure how much of a help this is, but.. Did turning on the “Apply Motion Blur” in 3D Texture Generator? Did you make sure that there is a velocity attribute to the SOP that will be used to generate i3d files? HOpefully that will help.

Cheers,
Alex
48 posts
Thanks ykcosmo for the refferal I really appreciate it. I finally got it to work .
Yes theUsualAlex. I have, but I forgot to crank up the shutter angle values. Now it works very nicely. Thanks.
288 posts
but I can't get it work till now….

rony , how did u accomplish it?

I used convert meta sop after copy sop, and checked “copy temlate point attributes”, then ,I made the camara shutter speed lower than 1, like 0.5, and get a 3d texture generator rop, and set some paramters, I selected the convert meta sop as the SOP,also checked apply motion blur ,and set shutter time like 5, and then rendered the i3d file.

after that, I render with mantra, nothing happy, but only black…

if I change the SOP to copy sop of the 3d texture generater, I can render i3d out, but no motion blur….

can u tell me details??

greate thx!!!
^_^
48 posts
first remember to turn the velocity motion blur on the i3d generator and it's important to give the shutter angle a very high value, try 20. And for it to render correctly you need to refer to the copy sop or any sop that has metaballs. It's very important that you refer to a metaball geometry and not the convert met. The renderer is looking for a metaball desity field, the convert or convert meta sop bakes the geometry and gets rid of the density information which is cruicial for rendering i3d with the meta particle option enabled. After generating the i3d image, make sure its path is correctly set in the texfog SHOP. It often happens to forget a forward slash or to copy a portion of the path instead of the whole thing. Now once these values are set, make sure you're looking through the camera and that it has a high shutter speed as well. It should work now.
  • Quick Links