Wll houdini 12 replace old version hip file's nodes ?

3785   4   1
19 posts
I had a project which was made by houdini 11. Now I updated my houdini to 12. Wll houdini 12 replace old version hip file's nodes with new version's node automatically ? Since houdini 12's base architecture change alot. The new version's node maybe better than old version's.
133 posts
Yes. H12 will automatically update to use the new architecture. Essentially, when the operator types are the same, Houdini knows to grab the one in the HFS directory of the version you're in.
Francisco Rodriguez
Effects Animator | Walt Disney Animation Studios
19 posts
17 posts
I have the opposite problem - of course it is logical, but still I have to find some solution:

I made a scene in H12 on the workstation. And on two older pcs I have H10, and would like to utilize those machines for additional rendering, but H10 would not read even encapsulated scripts (like shop networks to vop type).
H12 (nor H11) cannot be installed on those pcs, for system requirements are not sufficient for newer versions.

Is there any way to export the H12 scene so H10 could read the majority of it (I don't mind the new parameters that would be lost - I am just concerned about shading, lighting and geometry, and have used standard nodes which are present in older versions)?

It would be too much to rebuild the scene from scratch in H10 just for this purpose.

Any ideas?
7722 posts
drukpa
Is there any way to export the H12 scene so H10 could read the majority of it

I think the easiest way is to install a copy of H10 on the same machine as H12 and then try copy/pasting the child nodes of the H12 VOP networks into a H10 session.
  • Quick Links