Selecting mesh components shortcut

3683   3   2
94 posts
Hi, I'm completly new to Houdini and I've some problem in using the shortcuts to select different components of a mesh (point, edges and primitives).
In fact, when I press “3” in my numeric pad, nothing happens. I'd like to know if I need to be in a specific context ? (obj, inside a sop, in select mode…)
Thank's
49 posts
You have to be in select mode (hit the ‘s’ key) and your mouse must be in the 3d viewport
1743 posts
It looks like the numeric pad doesn't work for the number shortcuts by default. It works for typing numbers in text boxes with Num Lock on and works for arrow keys, etc, with Num Lock off, but it doesn't seem to do the number shortcuts with Num Lock on.

That said, you can add them by right-clicking on the Geometry Select Mode button in the viewport left toolbar, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+LMB clicking on a selection mode, then at the bottom of the Assigned Keys list, click twice on the empty space, and (with the Num Lock already on), press the numpad key you'd like to add for it and click Accept. Then repeat for the other selection modes.

Hopefully this helps!
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
94 posts
Thx a lot, it's now working, was a problem with the default shortcut.
  • Quick Links