Creating an acid effect using a cookie SOP

2089   1   1
8 posts
Hi,

I have been developing an acid effect for a couple of weeks now, but I have run into a few problems when using both the multisop and cookie node. Ive been needing to use a multisop as i need the liquid to adapt to the changing geometry and then to corrode away that changing geometry.

I need a liquids collision area to drive the corrosion, and this all seems to work but when this is passed into a cookie (to cause the correct burning effect), it is causing the issue of growths rather than corroding away (see attatched image). I know this is due to some of the normals not being correct but is there i way of always keeping the normals pointing the same direction?

Another issue that is occurring which i cannot seem to solve either, is that i need the corrosion effect to not just occur on this object but on a wall and bolt. When i add these objects to the corrosion effect, the collision boundaries seem to be applied many times and the simulation grinds to a halt.

Im sorry if this sounds quite complicated (probably more than it should be!), but I really just need some advice on the right direction to solve this.

Ive also attached my latest scene file, so you can have a look at the effect.

Thanks alot!

Attachments:
Combined_Effect_latest.hipnc (3.3 MB)
acid-problems.png (392.0 KB)

390 posts
cant look at the file right now but i would try and avoid using the cookie sop as it (like most geometry boolean operations) is unreliable. i would instead try and either deform the geo itself or convert it to a volume and cut away from that.
  • Quick Links