Plain selection not working with ati 7970

3174   8   0
94 posts
Hi, since I upgrade to 12.5, I've some problems in selecting components while I'm usig the plain selection. None of them can be selected and I can't select one vertex, one edge or one primitive. It does it only when I'm using GL 3.2 (works fine if I use 2.1 but I must disable the lighting in order to see the mesh).
Anyone else having this issue?
Staff
5161 posts
What driver are you using? GL3 selection has been tested on both a FirePro W and a Radeon 6950. If it's older than Catalyst 12.9, update the driver.
94 posts
I'm currently using Catalyst 13.1 and I already checked to see if no other new drivers were available
Staff
5161 posts
Try settting the environment variable “HOUDINI_OGL_DUMP_SHADER_ERRORS” to 1 and see if the pick shaders are failing to compile properly.

Also, try switching to “Area pick visible geometry only” (Shift+V) and see if that helps. I can retry picking with the 6950 on Monday.
94 posts
I tried adding a new environment variable like you said and it didn't change anything. But switching to “area pick visible geometry only” seems to work as I can select now my components.
Thx for your help
Staff
5161 posts
The environment variable won't fix the problem, but it would dump any GLSL compiler errors to the console window. I was primarily interested to see if AMD's GLSL compiler was the source of the problem. If you do see any errors posted there, please add them to this post.
Staff
5161 posts
I can reproduce this on the 6950, and will look for a fix/workaround.
94 posts
OK, thx a lot for your help. In the meantime, I'll use the use visible geometry only option
Staff
5161 posts
I've isolated the problem and worked around what appears to be an AMD driver bug. This fix is in 12.5.383.
  • Quick Links