Gas Repeat Solver and Houdini 12.5

4110   3   0
3 posts
I've noticed that the Gas Repeat Solver have changed from Houdini 12 to 12.5. Going from having two inputs “Objects to be Processed” and a multi input accepting a bunch of different solvers.

In h12 I've used it a bunch of times by connecting my pyro solver to the first input and have the gas repeat solver re-process the incomming pyrosolver multiple times.

This doesn't work anymore since the only remaining input doesn't accept the pyrosolver type. I have a bunch of h12 setups where I deved my effects and I need to recreate the same look in h12.5 . Any ideas on how to do this? I've been trying to achive the same effect by using substeps but without success. The (one) difference with substeps is that I assume it scales the time before applying forces etc.

Does anyone know why the first input was removed in 12.5?
3 posts
I can get the same result if I unlock the pyrosolver, unlock the smokesolver and then stick the gas repeat solver into the solver inputs. However I don't really like to unlock and modify assests.

I wonder if taking away the first input is a active choise from sidefx or just a bug…
4262 posts
All the microsolvers had their first input (the objects to attach to) removed to avoid clutter. You can still get the same result by wiring the microsolver into a Multisolver DOP.

Have a look at the Pyro Solver DOP asset, it has a Gas Repeat Solver in it.
(pyrosolver1/smokesolver_build2/gasrepeatsolver1)
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
4262 posts
Viktor Lundqvist2
I can get the same result if I unlock the pyrosolver, unlock the smokesolver and then stick the gas repeat solver into the solver inputs. However I don't really like to unlock and modify assests.

I wonder if taking away the first input is a active choise from sidefx or just a bug…

I'm not sure where you are wiring in the Gas Repeat, but the Pyro Solver DOP has 4 inputs on the asset that allow you to wire in additional microsolvers into different steps of the solve. If one of those inputs don't allow for the correct ordering then ya, you'll have to unlock the asset.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
  • Quick Links