Problem with polybevel

6176   7   1
3 posts
hello fellas, first of all i'm sorry for my english. i'm new in houdini and i have a problem.
when i select edges of a box and do polybevel on it, the corners fly away like the picture and i don't have clean and nice round corner .

Attachments:
Problem.jpg (98.9 KB)

4189 posts
Can you upload your hip file, I just tested the polybevel and no problem.
35 posts
Try adding a ‘fuse’ between the box and the polybevel. It will make sure all the points are welded together
3 posts
Thank you for your answers. i added the fuse but it didn't work and that strange polygons appears like before .
i upload the .hip file and i'll really thankful if you help me.

Attachments:
Bevel Problem.hip (51.7 KB)

8555 posts
make sure you are using the latest production build (or at least newer than 12.5.383)

Houdini 12.5.383: Fixed bug with PolyBevel SOP that was producing incorrect output for bevelling either points or edges.
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
3 posts
tamte
make sure you are using the latest production build (or at least newer than 12.5.383)

Houdini 12.5.383: Fixed bug with PolyBevel SOP that was producing incorrect output for bevelling either points or edges.

Thank you Sooooooooo much. i was using the Houdini 12.5.316.22 and i think this problem is because of it. i'll update my old version. thank you again .
5 posts
Hello all!

I got some model that was exported from Houdini and it was beveled procedurally with a polybevel SOP. It looks ok in Houdini but when I open it in Maya and try to smooth it it shows artifacts on those corners that are beveled. I tried Crease, round edges in Houdini polybevel options but I still get the same result. I notice it is because how it is making those support edges around corners and Maya does it differently)
Image Not Found

Is there any way to fix this automatically in Houdini using some script or expression? Is there any way to procedurally fix this in Houdini?

Attachments:
mayabevel.jpg (82.0 KB)

7771 posts
svevlad
Is there any way to fix this automatically in Houdini using some script or expression? Is there any way to procedurally fix this in Houdini?

What's wrong with it? The topology looks right for bevel type ‘solid’. where are these artifacts, they don't appear in the screenshot.
  • Quick Links