Vizy Acky vol100: Houdini Work-Flow Introduction

37830   2   1
8 posts
I've just released a new introduction course to Houdini.

Made for those new to Houdini who may be trying to switch from another software and find themselves in “new interface hell.”

This is a very extensive introduction to Houdini with many many hours of lectures, hip files, a pdf book, and with or without my instructor support. I try to cover as many of the “how to I start to do this…” things in almost every area of the software.

I also go over “How Houdini Thinks” and some of the hidden gems which seem to be just “below” the interface level but critical for understanding the software.

From time to time I yawn during the lectures, just to assure you that at times I think it can be boring too!

I have had over 25 years of production experience in film and television and share tidbits of knowledge from my experience.

During those years I have done a lot of teaching, while on the job, at universities, vocational schools and with my online school, Vizy Acky. Many of my students have gone on to great jobs in LA, Vancouver, London, Hong Kong, Beijing and all points west.

http://www.vizyacky….ses_vol100.html [vizyacky]

Contact me, Garman Herigstad, if you have any questions.
garman@vizyacky.com
26 posts
Garman is not exagerating when he says “extensive”—Smiles.

I just purchased the non support training and there are currently over 140 videos ….There is also a 100 page companion pdf “book” that is used with the videos —-

I am just starting with this training but a casual look at the content tells me I made a good choice here. And —–what I loved so far –right up front Garman closed the shelf tools window….that alone made me smile and I knew this is just what I needed.

I had kind of leaned a lot of things shelf tool wise first , –well , thats cool but you never know what you are really doing. What's really going on ? I think this might be the just what I need. So its back to beginning but I have never been more excited to start over knowing Im learning things from someone who really knows his stuff.

I will post some more thoughts as I get along more with these —but I am a happy customer right now for sure !

Rich
26 posts
So Garman added times to all the videos and I did a quick add and It comes in like over 22 hours worth of videos.

Now I will say this –the videos are of a slightly casual and relaxed flow as if Garman was sitting next to you showing or teaching you as he went along. And even sometimes “surprsing” himself when something might not work as he thought it would. Some people do not like that style but I seem to remember things like that even more . It presents a relaxed feeling condusive to learning IMHO.

So I happen to enjoy that style as opposed to the very edited super fast tutorials that you have to stop every 5 seconds to keep up. I have been going pretty slow through them so far but — I feel I am finally learning things the right way.

Will add some more thoughts as I get through some more videos.

Rich
  • Quick Links