Flip and fast collision object

7340   9   2
39 posts
Hello guys. I have a problem. I need to create glass of water with splashes simulation. My glass is fast moving object. Problem is that the particles leaking through geometry. I tried solve it but I didn't manage. I have done my glass animation in 6 times slower. I tried to set 20 substeps in dopnetwork and many many others variants but none of the those variants didn't manage solve my problem. Is there anybody here who had situation like mine ? How can I solve my problem ?

Attachments:
flip_problem.jpg (238.4 KB)

245 posts
would you like to share a scenfile please?
39 posts
Unfortunately I can't share a scene.
245 posts
Too bad because the leaking could have been caused by many things, I will call a few of them and you could check out these:

Check your glass objects in the DOP Network, under collision theres a checkbox for “show collision geometry” somethings you dont have enough samples and you would not get an accurate representation of your object.

You can also increase the particle radius scale in the flip object node.

You can also offset the collision of your flip object node theres a tab called collision I usually give it a small offset if there's interpenetrating particles.

Attachments:
noPenetration.hipnc (1.2 MB)

39 posts
All of these aspects work properly. As we can see on image in the first message most particles are work fine but some particles leaking through geometry.
245 posts
Have you also tried the substeps from the flip solver node? (instead of the autodop, these are two different settings)

I'm running a fast animated objects as container now, simming very stable.
39 posts
Yes. I've tried it. I will create example scene tomorrow.
245 posts
That would be great.
39 posts
Here is an example.

Attachments:
glass_example.hipnc (1.1 MB)

245 posts
Thanks, will take a closer look at it when I get home.
  • Quick Links