bring dop temp in sop or pop

2285   5   1
5 posts
Hello everybody,

I'm new to houdini and i try to make a container's temperature drives my particles cube's color
Basically i thought: 1.A dopnetwork with pyro inside
2. a sop with a popnet inside and a dopimport or dopimportfields plugged to a vopsop
3. in the vopSop, some pyro nodes to import datas from the second context geometry where i plugged my dop import(ordopimportfield) .But basically it dosen't work at all!!Am I totally wrong with the method? Does anybody have a suggestion of workflow or a sample scene (basic please!) who match my needs? I tried a lot of combinations of these nodes but nothing is working at all… :cry:
Thanks by advance
23 posts
Hey.

Is that what you want?

Attachments:
temperature_to_sop_133.hipnc (601.7 KB)

5 posts
Thanks a lot!!! that exactly what i was looking for!
I checked your file on a macbook and was disapointed because nothing appened with the colors
I plugged a primitive sop after your VopSop and scale it with a $CR and it worked smoothly, color data is ok but everything is black in the WP! is there some known issues with houdini colors on mac laptops?
Anyway, I really apreciate your accurate and quick answer!
Thank you.
5 posts
AH sorry

i didn't saw the disable light button was off…. ops:
5 posts
Hey Mr petrov!

I try to apply your method with SopPopnet, but i'm stuck…now, basically i try to scale the parts over the temperature…
Is there a simple way to do it???
Thanks
5 posts
the main problem for me is to “connect” the volume sample of the VopPop with the merge object
because there is only 1 input into VopPop, i don'tknow how to connect the input index of volume sample…is there some expression to do it ? or is it achievable only with nodes (preffered…)
thanks
  • Quick Links