RBD Simulation Problem

2362   1   2
14 posts
Hi,

I am trying to do a simple RBD simulation and I am getting strange results. I am trying to make a car smash through some tables and chairs, which does work to some extent. When the cars hit the tables and chairs, the geometry just goes flying off into oblivion and in the complete wrong direction. I have tried just simulating one table to work out the problem but I am getting the same results .

I imported the animation and geo from maya with no history in the file so I dont think it could be that.

Because the file is too large with the car geometry in, I have animated a cube to replace the geo.

Any help would be great Thanks

Attachments:
TableSmashHoudini4.hipnc (661.5 KB)

12 posts
Hi Samposborne,

Main problem that I found with your scene setup is that it has poor collision detection. I would suggest you switch on “show collision guide geometry” on collision tab for RBD objects under AutoDOPNetwork to check it.

I have a working file for you to check, although it is not perfect sim as you need to fine tune. All I have done is changed the RBD solver engine from Bullet to RBD and changed the mode from “Ray Intersect” to “Volume Sample” for each active RBD object.

Hope it will provide you a little help to smash all the chairs

Attachments:
tablesmashhoudini_fix.hipnc (773.2 KB)

• Quick Links