HDK help with SOP compiling and linking???

2299   6   0
69 posts
i have a custom SOP_node. in it I create a GU_PrimTetra in the SOP's cookMySop function.

HDK_Sample::GU_PrimTetra *tet = HDK_Sample::GU_PrimTetra::build(gdp, false);

g++ -DVERSION=\“12.5.427\” -D_GNU_SOURCE -DLINUX -DAMD64 -m64 -fPIC -DSIZEOF_VOID_P=8 -DFBX_ENABLED=1 -DOPENCL_ENABLED=1 -DOPENVDB_ENABLED=1 -DSESI_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DENABLE_THREADS -DUSE_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c -DGCC4 -DGCC3 -Wno-deprecated -I/opt/hfs12.5/toolkit/include -I/home/user/project/tetprim/ -Wall -W -Wno-parentheses -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-reorder -Wno-uninitialized -Wunused -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DUT_ASSERT_LEVEL=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -DMAKING_DSO -o /home/user/project/SOP_stuff.o /home/user/project/SOP_stuff.C

g++ -shared /home/user/project/SOP_stuff.o -I/usr/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU -lGL -lX11 -lXext -lXi -ldl /home/user/project/GU_PrimTetra.o -o /home/user/houdini12.5/dso/SOP_stuff.so

do i need to link?

/home/user/project/GU_PrimTetra.o

when i don't link GU_PrimTetra.o i can see and load the sop_stuff node in houdini. it then crashes houdini and says.

Houdini DSO error on ‘/home/user/houdini12.5/dso/SOP_stuff.so’
undefined symbol

when i link GU_PrimTetra.o i can't see sop_stuff as a node i can use (for example when i tab and see the list of all nodes, it's not listed)

basically i would like to create and use the GU_PrimTetra object i created (tet) in a sop node.
9 posts
Set an environment variable named HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR

See http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk13.0/hdk_intro_debugging.html [sidefx.com] at the very end…
69 posts
stefiqeg
Set an environment variable named HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR

See http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk13.0/hdk_intro_debugging.html [sidefx.com] at the very end…

it has been on. that houdini dso error must be the output you are talking about.
9 posts
It should print information why the node does not show up in the menu when you link GU_PrimTetra.o. So run Houdini in a shell (with HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR set) and see what it prints out at startup.
69 posts
yah, it says that it can't find GU_PrimTetra and then crashes houdini

Houdini DSO error on ‘/home/user/houdini12.5/dso/SOP_stuff.so’
undefined symbol HDK_SampleGU_PrimTetra build GU_Detail
69 posts
am i going about this the right way?

am i even supposed to be linking GU_PrimTetra?
9 posts
I guess if you are using GU_PrimTetra you also have to link it. But is that the error message you get when you link it, or if you don't? I thought the node doesn't show up in the menu if you don't link GU_PrimTetra…
  • Quick Links