Static RBD not colliding with fractured geometry

6333   3   2
13 posts
I created a fractured rbd and I can't quite figure out why it's not colliding with geometry created using the “static rbd object” shelf tool. The only thing special about the collision geometry is that it was created using the cookie node. I looked at the collision guide geo and it looks right.

any thoughts? I'm sure it's something super simple

thanks!
Edited by - Jan. 8, 2014 23:22:20

Attachments:
collide_question.hip (266.3 KB)

8595 posts
you are using Bullet so Collision Geometry in RBD Solver tab is irrelevant
go to Collisions/Bullet Data tab and uncheck Polygons As Convex Hulls to allow it to collide with actual geometry and not convex proxy shape
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
13 posts
thanks for the tip!
On the static object, I switched the geometry representation to “concave” and that solved it.
260 posts
just the answer I ve been looking. I have been having a problem on a Building Collapse RnD, I simmed the main floors and columns, and then made another DOP where I put in the cached simulation as passive rigid body with concave collision, and when I turn on the visibility for collision under bullet data, it seems fine. But when I ran the simulation, some bricks and random stuff laying on the ground penetrate through ceilings ?

I am not sure how to fix this. or where to look ? any ideas?

Also as far as I read SDF collision does not work with Bullet, is that correct ?
Head of CG @ MPC
CG Supervisor/ Sr. FX TD /
https://gumroad.com/timvfx [gumroad.com]
www.timucinozger.com
  • Quick Links