5207   5   2
25 posts
Hello,

i am trying to understand what parameters could allow me to go from this mesh

to something more organic, without noise and more details, like this

anybody willing to give few advice?

thanks
1391 posts
Actually to achieve more detailed mesh you should increase dicision size of your mesh ( VDB)
Also to dicrease noise , you should use filter options in yor mesh generator (VDB)

Sorry i don,t have Houdini right now and I can,t remember where are these parameters exactly !

Also if you used Flip Fluid , you can use different node to generate mesh from particles , i think it,s name is particle surface SOP or somethings like that.

This node is a little easier than VDB :?
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
258 posts
You need to have a good amount of particles first off, and the conversion settings are dependent on your particle separation and scale. You can notice, the default voxel size is = particle separation /2. You can divide it further for some voxel detail for the VDB.

As well, after I mesh, I often add in a peakSop with a very small negative value which helps pull in some details, and a potentially a smooth operator with a subdivide if the mesh is low resolution.

A few things that I do….I almost always add some kind of velocity field on my collision objects to churn things up. You can do this easily with a vopSop and some noise. The tricky part is wiring up the FieldForceDop, just know that you will need a geometry dop that points to your object and a position dop that points to your transform or something that extracts position information.
25 posts
i most be dumb cause here i have tried with a simple fluid solver

i have add a smooth vbd and a peak the separation of -0.02 and i get this amount of particles, but ther mesh disappear!! :shock:

and with a particle separation of 0.05 a grid size of 1.4 and droplet scale of 0.5 (if i remember) and the mesh comes out with holes and noisy!!

92 posts
you may want to check out the openvdb example hip i put up; it has a couple examples for how to use the vdb morphological operations to get a nice surface.

http://www.openvdb.org/download/ [openvdb.org]

-jeff
25 posts
thank you Jeff i have being trough those, really interesting indeed
  • Quick Links