procedural viewer handles

1567   3   2
277 posts
Hi there – I'm trying to figure out if this is possible using handles and would appreciate some help…

I have a SOP digital asset that generates a bunch of curves. The exact number depends on some input parameters. For each resulting curve, two primitive attributes are created – “ustart” and “ustop” – forming a pair of u values along each curve. These values are used by a wrangle node later on in the asset.

I'd love it if the user could drag handles along each curve in the viewer to set these values (much like the carve SOP “First U” and “Last U” handles). Only I need unique handles per curve primitive that push the resulting edits into primitive attributes. As an added bonus, it would be cool if the “ustop” could not be dragged to a smaller u value than “ustart”.

Is this possible? This is the only way I can see the user being able to meaningfully input this data.

thanks in advance!
Edited by - Feb. 11, 2014 23:41:50
1391 posts
I don't know how you can make exactly same Handle like Carve SOP ,But to Create another Handles like Transform , Angle , HUD Slider and … you should use Handles TAB in the “Edit Operator Type Properties Window” !

Just create your specify Handle from Ordered Menu and put name of your specify parameter in the it's options 8)

Check Attached File :

Attachments:
JKHandle.zip (80.6 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
277 posts
Hey thanks for the example. I've had some success constructing custom handles like that but sometimes the workflow can be a little hit and miss (particularly if handles depend on other handles, in which case they seem not to update properly when at the object level).
1391 posts
antc
I've had some success constructing custom handles like that).
How you made Custom Handle like Carve SOP :?:
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
  • Quick Links