RBD point object, chunks

1699   1   2
80 posts
Hi,

I have created a lot of chunks, instanced and randomized them on a grid using the instance sop.

When transforming the “grid” to an RBD object, it treat all the points on the grid as an whole object.
When transforming the “grid” to an RBD fractured object, it treats each point as fractured objects and it let them go in all directions when they hit the ground. That is what I want. So far so good.

I am now trying to get a randomized translation of each chunk BEFORE it starts moving, and I want to randomly translate the behavior of the chunks on their way to the grond.
Ie. I want the chunks to be have a random rotation before thy get thrown on the ground, and I want them to rotate naturally before they hit the ground.

How can I get there from where I am now?
Should I transform my RBD fractured object to RBD point object, and if so… how could I do it?

I really appreciate your help, and Im a total newbie.

All the best, Stig
1391 posts
I think your answer is to use “RBD State DOP” ,for example about random rotation you can use this expression in the Rotation parameters :

fit01(rand($OBJ),0,180)
Also you can add random velocity to each point of the grid ,then turn On “Inherit Velocity from Point Velocity” in the “RBD State DOP” to move the Chunks to different directions :idea:

I made a very very simple project about it for you :

Attachments:
JK_Random_Rotation_Chunks.hipnc (224.5 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
  • Quick Links