materials

2800   10   1
52 posts
hello.

i have a ball which already has a material. a want to assign another materials(video) on different sectors of this ball. how to do it?

the ball http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-old-balls-3d-model/671224 [turbosquid.com]
51 posts
Select the faces you want the new material to appear on and create a group out of those in the viewport.

Now add an MaterialSOP, select the group and assign the new Material.

But as this question is pretty basic, maybe consider watching the “First Steps” Tutorial sessions on the sideFX website/

Also this should topic is most likely more suited in “Houdini Apprentice” or “Learning houdini”.
52 posts
thank you.

i didn't know how to create groups.

all i needed was to select polygons, tab, group node, uv texture map and material itself.
52 posts
now another problem.

when i create collada shader and try to open video it writes Unable to load texture .
i tried jpeg sequence and bmp. whats the problem??? maybe i need another shader ??
52 posts
problem is solved. it's because of zeros in sequence file names.
52 posts
now another thing.

when a apply as a material to polygon only one frame a can see it in viewport and it is viewable in render. when it is a sequence render does not work.

here is a screenshot:

how to make it renderable????
52 posts
answer is found.

it works very well with .pic format.
i just loaded my jpeg sequence in mplay , exported to pic and then applyed to material.

now everything is good!!!
258 posts
Funny…you almost answered all of your own questions and ignored the one good answer from someone else…it might be a good idea to learn how to group.

As well a general rule of thumb…No spaces in file/folder names.
52 posts
one more problem.

i don't know how to blend materials. on the ball i have a material, but for example on second 5 i need another material to appear and in some time go back to first material.

how to do it?
52 posts
hi. the same problem with this … materials.

boch materials(collada) are videos.both in . pic format. in viewport they work. in render no.

helpppp…
52 posts
this kind of node structure works.

[radikal.ru]
  • Quick Links