Greyed out parameters

10314   5   1
33 posts
I'm occasionally finding previously accessible nodes with parameters greyed out (non selectable parameters). Mostly in the Output and DOP network. It feels kind of random like a bug or corrupted project. However, I just want to make sure I'm not accidentally locking these nodes or doing something to instigate it.

Anyone else experienced this.

Thanks,

Michael
4189 posts
Can you screen snap it to show us.

Thanks!
655 posts
Are you dealing with locked assets? could that be?

Steadicam
I'm occasionally finding previously accessible nodes with parameters greyed out (non selectable parameters). Mostly in the Output and DOP network. It feels kind of random like a bug or corrupted project. However, I just want to make sure I'm not accidentally locking these nodes or doing something to instigate it.

Anyone else experienced this.

Thanks,

Michael
33 posts
Here is a screen grab. It seems to “infect” other nodes in the same network. However, I found that if I make a copy of one of the “offending” nodes everything comes back to normal for all the other nodes that were locked.

Houdini, has a lot of things it likes a certain way and I don't want to presume that it's not me doing something it doesn't like. That said, it does seem kind of random.

Attachments:
locked.JPG (78.8 KB)

Staff
4159 posts
Check to see if you have a Take set, perhaps? If you created a new take by accident, then parameters would be grey'd out.
I'm o.d.d.
12454 posts
Are you perhaps using Houdini vs Houdini FX, accidentally?
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
  • Quick Links