Rendering Multipass for Fluids into single EXR

4814   1   1
5 posts
Hi,

I am rendering a fluid Simulation from Houdini 12.5, I need the follwing pass into one EXR file for that fluid

Beauty Pass
Flat Color pass
Self Shadow pass
Desnity pass
Shadow pass
etc…

I am very new to Houdini (three weeks old), I am not sure that, if I use different shaders for each pass how can I integrate them together, or add them to different takes and the combine those takes into one EXR File.

I am still learning about custom shaders, I did manage to create a density pass by adding red and blue color in FireBall shader, and then used that paramter from the VEX in mantra as a seprate pass. But my primary shader as is billowy smoke, how do I combine all that into a single file

Super Awesome thanks in advance.
Gonna Change the present and Make new Future. My Life isn't gonna be linear!! Coz I am the Crazy One!!
1391 posts
Some of the passes are predefined in the Houdini and you don't need to create them with different shaders and merge them to one exr file !

Just check “Extra Image Planes” variables in the Mantra node.

Also you can create some custom attributes in your shader and render them in the separate image plane like adding custom shadows or Density field.

Just create an output parameter in your shader network and call it in the Extra Image Plane from Mantra node.

In the uploaded example file ,I created a Mantra node for export Flat-Color , Shadows , Custom Shadows and density field in one exr file :wink:

Attachments:
JK_EXR_MULTIPASS.hip (1.0 MB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
  • Quick Links