ApprenticeHD license not recognized by Indie ?

6019   5   1
13 posts
Uninstalled old version of Houdini. Reinstalled new Version 13.0.498 and re-installed keys.
ApprenticeHD runs without problems.

When starting Houdini Indie I get an error box:
“No valid licenses were found. Please install a valid license and rerun your application”
I also tried running & re-installing keys as administrator, returning/redeeming ApprenticeHD keys - no luck, same error box.

How do I have to license Houdini Indie with my ApprenticeHD key ?

Solved:
With the help of SESI support, the problem could be solved:
1.) During installation, make sure to select the option to install standard licensing (license server, not local / Apprentice licensing).
2.) Make sure that everything is switched to network licensing (license server):
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1283&Itemid=273#local-network [sidefx.com]

In this licensing mode both Apprentice HD & Indie start without problems
Edited by - Aug. 11, 2014 15:05:46
172 posts
same problem here

Attachments:
problem.jpg (72.0 KB)

2 posts
I got similar problem, Indie not recognising Apprentice HD license.
172 posts
probably it works only for people who bought hd recently, more than 6 month left before expiry.just a guess
3 posts
I had a similar issue with HD Apprentice. Although I always have issues when upgrading.

I first returned the entitlements. Not sure if that was necessary. Then I had to delete the license keys in the sesi folder. Finally, I reinstalled Houdini. I did not go through the uninstall of Houdini. Just ran the installer.

Once Houdini was installed, I installed the entitlements and licenses and Indie started.
@990adjustments
2 posts
Reinstall Houdini with Normal License server and it worked.

Just for precaution I Returned all the 3 licenses, from Hkey, before I installed Houdini.

After Installation I launched Houdini Indie and All the license keys were automatically installed, I didn't have to do anything.
  • Quick Links