Houdini crashes on startup

7618   6   0
84 posts
Hello, since yesterday my houdini(both- different builds) crashes on startup. So i reinstall it and it happen again. The crash-dialog cames from windows-7. “houdinifx.exe doesn't work”. Maybe it cames from crashing system file(dll libaries) from waking up out of deep sleep state (i have a ssd). Most other apps are running (also 3dmax, Photoshop, etc.).
Any ideas (without reinstall the complete system) ?

thanks. tom
Staff
5161 posts
Try renaming or moving aside the houdini13.0 directory in your home user directory (to houdini13.0-bak, say), and see if it starts up after that.
84 posts
crazy fast and helpful reply as usual….thanks, it works!!! after renaming it the user folder to houdini14.0 :shock:
Staff
5161 posts
You're welcome just make sure you remember you've got a houdini14.0 in the future, when you install such a version.
84 posts
…i am so so excited about the new release. there could be happen som much different thinks behind the door. maybe…some new modelling stuff, new gui!!, packedprim(bullet) working bi-directional with all solver, better fem, everthing is multihreaded or just a new bevel tool
who knows…
2 posts
Tried renaming but still crashing. Reinstalled several times with new builds but keep on getting the fatal error, any ideas ?

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (71.7 KB)

• Quick Links