Mathematica Environment

3019   6   1
7 posts
Hi guys,
Hope everything its nice!!
I was wondering if someone could explain why there is an environment varibable called MATHEMATICA_HOME, is there an easy way to connect Mathematica and Houdini?

Thank you very much!
4189 posts
Are you looking in the ‘About Houdini’, environmental variables can be seen there for other apps.

try ‘hconfig -h’ in the console/terminal shows you Houdini's env var.
7 posts
Yes indeed…
So, is there a way to call Mathematica from Houdini? for example scatter some points in a surface and then use Mathematica plotting tools to have a 3D plot of those points?

These is because I'm using Houdini for digital fabrication and Mathematica could be a very useful tool to integrate to my pipeline.

Thank you!!
7722 posts
A quick google shows that Mathematica seems to support the .ply format since I've never used it. So I would just save your geometry as a .ply file and load it into Mathematica.
150 posts
I am also very interested in this topic. Maybe this is interesting for you:

https://vimeo.com/55147619 [vimeo.com]
Technical Reel 2015 [vimeo.com]
7722 posts
Using mathscript from Python code in Houdini sounds like a good idea. Those things that Macha needed to use in Mathematica have since been added to Houdini though.
Edited by - Sept. 14, 2014 00:27:31
7 posts
Hey guys,

The .ply option is working good right now for me, with Import and fixing Z as up axis in Mathematica…

I contacted Macha a while ago, he is using a Python solution to connect both apps, but I haven't had time to check it.

Cheers!
  • Quick Links