Sweep, skin how to create separate pieces?

3693   4   2
289 posts
Hi All,

I have a curve, and parametrically I divide the curve up into several pieces by deleting the parts I do not need. So i have now several curve pieces. Now I want for each curve piece a separate skinned piece.

An example would be the crashbarriers around a road. I would want them to be created only in sharp curves.

Any Idea's??
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
412 posts
i would create one skinned piece. capped, closed, however.. and then use the copy sop to create more of what you need..
Dave Quirus
2199 posts
Any reason why you can't just use the sweep sop, on the outputs tab turn on auto skin.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
289 posts
Simon
Any reason why you can't just use the sweep sop, on the outputs tab turn on auto skin.

Err.. hmm no. ops: Just have to get used to the program I guess..
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
2199 posts
No embrassment, there's a lot in there and they don't always have the same names as other packages.

The first thing I did when learning Houdini was take a look at the help for every sop just to get my head round what was possible, boring but very helpful
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links