Reloading of nodes used inside of an asset

6134   3   2
1799 posts
Hey guys, the Reload Asset button in the HoudiniAsset node is pretty great! I am wondering though, does it also reload internal dependant nodes? and if not, is there a way to force a reload on all nodes internal to the digital asset (i.e. in Houdini, one can go to file –> refresh asset library)

thank you!
-G
1799 posts
actually I seem to have confirmed that they do not…. is there a way to force the virtual houdini scene to refresh asset library?
-G
818 posts
Right now the reload is implemented using a trick: delete the asset and re-create the asset. So there may be cases where it doesn't work. But I did a quick test and it seems to refresh the internal assets as well. I created asset A in one OTL, and asset B uses asset A in another OTL. Then I loaded asset B into Maya. If I make a change to asset A in Houdini, simply reloading asset B in Maya will get the updated asset A. So the reloading seems to be working. What is your setup? Maybe the reload is failing in a more complicated setup.
Andrew / アンドリュー
1799 posts
In my case, the setup was simple. The internal asseT was jus wrapped by an external asset, and what clued me into this was a print operation that did not change upon reload. Let me try a more isolated case to see if I can confirm/deny this

I got arounder the problem btw by loading an instance of the internal asseT and doing the reload there
-G
  • Quick Links