Import Attribute H14?

7359   2   0
3 posts
Hey guys im kind of new to Houdini and im trying to follow a tutorial on a large scale ocean creation. Im up to a point where im blending a surfaced flip simulation with a height map ocean. The tutorial is running on H13. I have Houdini indie 14 and im not going to get H13 and start my work all over again just for this.

During this part of the tutorial a vopsop is used. Now i know H14 just uses AttributeVop in it's place. I've tried to use the vopsop by un-hiding it in the text port using “opunhide Sop vopsop” however houdini 14 just crashes after that. So i want to stick with the attribVOP however the first node used in the tutorial is a Import Attribute for the seconded input. The problem i have is the attribute VOP dosnt have this node for the second input.

So i guess my question is. How do i work around it or what is the equivalent? This would be a really big help if anybody could help solve this. Thank you.
182 posts
Use “Import Point Attribute” and change the “Input” parameter.

Some other stuff you might encounter:

“Add Point To Group” is also gone, but you can use “Set Attribute VOP”:
> the type of groups is integer.
> Attribute string is the group name
> connect ptnum to i1
> set the value : 0 = not in group, 1 = in group

“Add Attribute” is a little bit different too.
It does create the attribute, but it doesn't change it's value.
You have to use Bind Export VOP for that.
( Actually you can just use Bind alone, but the you won't get a local variable then )

Also see this useful thread:
https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=170247&sid=a1c3726574f8f8ca297aafb9fd37589c [sidefx.com]
3 posts
Thank you so much, this has really helped me.
  • Quick Links