Multichannel EXR -> AE problem

3592   3   2
33 posts
Welcome,
I have a problem trying to read multi channel EXR files from Houdini into After Effects. The eXtractor plugin in AE does not see any image planes, regardless the setting I try. Changing compression modes of EXR files does not help either. It is a pretty basic functionality. How can I remedy this? Thank you in advance
Artur Mandas

Artist & Developer
http://arturmandas.com [arturmandas.com]
18 posts
Hi Arthurmandas
Which version of AE are you using ?
Want to learn more and more…
258 posts
I am 99.99% sure that this is an AE issue, and the free version of Extractor is not really that functional and wont really read anything other than depth. I use ExtractorPro, which you can buy for 65 bucks or so and that works great, separates out all the channels, and gives you a contact sheet of your passes.

Unfortunately it does not solve the general speed problems that AE has with .exr's…
258 posts
I am 99.99% sure that this is an AE issue, and the free version of Extractor is not really that functional and wont really read anything other than depth. I use ExtractorPro, which you can buy for 65 bucks or so and that works great, separates out all the channels, and gives you a contact sheet of your passes.

Unfortunately it does not solve the general speed problems that AE has with .exr's…
  • Quick Links