Begginer Question: Attr VOP - Point color, where?

4050   4   1
7 posts
Hi, new to the forum.
I'm lerning Houdini and trying to follow some guides/tuts, however almost all of them are out of date in some way.
I'm trying to transfer point colour from pointCloud to scatter points.

The dude is using vop sop, which I believe got changed to attr vop, however the outputs are different between the two.
The video says to pipe into ‘point colour attribute’ but it dosn't exsist on the output node.
He has lots of point attributes, I just have Cd, N, P etc.

From a beginners perspective, there is a disturbing lack of information on where attributes like this have gone, and what they have been replaced by.
The other day I hit a brick wall when someone was using ‘charge’ on a particle property node, that dosn't exsist anymore.

How do i transfer the colour to points, someone help?

:?
258 posts
Cd is the attribute for dealing with color, whether it is points/vertex or primitive. The new vop approach is to use attributeVop but there is really not much difference between the old vopSop, but now we can import attributes other than just point, and we use the importPoint, importVertex etc to distinguish.
7 posts
thanks for getting back to me, i mean i have the colour working with cd. Im using the search radius from a pointcloud node to try and colour points around a curve. Only seems to change colour at a radius of 2 and the whole thing changes not the area around the curve. Ive attatched a scene file if someone could take a look?

Attachments:
Pyro_01.hip (131.6 KB)

13 posts
Hey FF,

That's because you need to feed the current “P” in to the PC Open's Query Position. So Plug P from geometryvopglobal1 in to P of each of your PC Opens.

~Ilan
7 posts
Oh my goodness, so simple. Thanks very much Ilan, still getting used to the Houdini way of thinking, everything able to connect to everything.
Cheers
  • Quick Links