.hip * files are grayed out in "open file" dialog

3521   3   1
1 posts
Hi everyone,

This is really a strange issue. Working with a freshly cloned Windows 7 image I've installed Houdini 13 and am trying to simply open a .hip project file from the “open file” dialog from within the program. However, the file cannot be clicked on to open it…it is grayed out.

Specifically I am trying to open it from a network file share. Interestingly I can open it directly from Windows Explorer. Also when I copy the file locally to my Desktop I can open it through Houdini's file browser (ie, it is not grayed out). You may say, “aha, it's a permissions or authentication issue”. But I can save to the network location the file that I have opened (write perm check passed). I can also manually type the filename into the Houdini file opener and open the file that way (read perm check passed). I seem to just simply not be able to have an ungrayed file to select and open. Ah, I've also ensured firewall was off.

Any ideas? Thank in advance, apologies for any redundancies.
15 posts
Did you find a solution? Same problem here. Can't load images or objects or even my Houdini files. With them there is a small trick. Enable “show sequence as one entry” and alter the name manually to the one of your file. This works with incremental files.

So, this is more than a problem.
15 posts
I can still type in the file names manually and load them, but hey, that's not like it is supposed to be.
12 posts
TomMan
Did you find a solution? Same problem here. Can't load images or objects or even my Houdini files. With them there is a small trick. Enable “show sequence as one entry” and alter the name manually to the one of your file. This works with incremental files.

So, this is more than a problem.

Disable UAC
  • Quick Links