New tools in Max. Your two cents please...

20977   44   1
85 posts
mantragora
I have zero problems with modeling in Houdini. How detailed model you would like to see to believe that there are no problems with creating one in Houdini? Any picture for example?

I am interrested in this as well, not sure if there is an easy solution for it.
Just trying to learn and see what can be done in Houdini.

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=41050 [sidefx.com]

Thanks, Robert
Houdini, Cinema4D, 3Dcoat, Marvelous Designer
252 posts
I think this will just create more Houdini customers. As MAX artists start diving into procedural modeling they are going to say “I wish I had a better more powerful version of this!” and someone will say “there is- it's called Houdini!”.

-Craig
59 posts
New 2016 Extension just came out, seems pretty solid, and for me working in the motion graphics area the new text tool it's especially interesting.
MCG now gets animation controllers.
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/max/3ds-max-2016-extension-1 [area.autodesk.com]
Andrew
Houdini Apprentice
143 posts
I left Autodesk products for Houdini due to its modeling proceduralism. I honestly prefer modeling this way than traditional approaches. Once I heard about MCG, I decided to go back to MAX and give it a fair shot. After a few days of trying it out, it simply felt like a toy that AD engineers quickly put together to pacify some executive's tantrum demand to compete with other node-based, procedural 3d applications. It has roughly 1% of the capabilities of Houdini's pinky.
143 posts
caesar hernandez
I left Autodesk products for Houdini due to its modeling proceduralism. I honestly prefer modeling this way than traditional approaches. Once I heard about MCG, I decided to go back to MAX and give it a fair shot. After a few days of trying it out, it simply felt like a toy that AD engineers quickly put together to pacify some executive's tantrum demand to compete with other node-based, procedural 3d applications. It has roughly 1% of the capabilities of Houdini's pinky.

To be fair, had I never heard of or worked with Houdini in any capacity, MCG would've been a much-needed and welcomed addition. But it just isn't even in the same ballpark when it comes to Houdini's procedural speed and capabilities.
  • Quick Links