Houdini certification courses at Siggraph 2005

7017   6   2
581 posts
Hi everybody.
I'm very interesting to take the certification houdini courses.
I'm talking with a school to begin houdini training, and we want to be certificated by side fx.
The problem is that aliza sorortzkin, side fx training manager, has said me that there aren't enough people to arrange the courses.
Are there anybody in the same situation, why, when Houdini has a growing demand, there aren't people interested in the certification training?
I'm the only one who wants to take these courses ?

Thanks
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
8 posts
Pablo,

You can contact me for an update about certification.

garman@sidefx.com
581 posts
Thanks Garman i have alredy sent you an email.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
113 posts
I will love to take houdini course if aviliable .
lol .. I live in toronto where houdini office is located but still I have nerver heard anything from sidefx or other schools about the courses.
I guess I will have to wait for the opening intern position .
where am I?
16 posts
Why do you want a certification ? that won't proof anything. especially a certification given to you after 2 or 3 day of trainning.

Every Houdini user knows that you can't pretend to be a Houdini artistist after only few days of trainning. (same for other packages).

Wel,l That's is what I think.

A good demoreel is better. :wink:
it's a kind of magic
639 posts
The certification is actually for those who are looking to train/teach Houdini, no?
12 posts
Beyond Siggraph, what are the options, if any, for Houdini training? Is there anyplace (or anyone) in the LA area that teaches something like a 2 or 3 day course to cover the interface and basic workflow?

IE, something like what AFI offers for editors who want to learn the Avid - its expected you already know how to edit, but need to learn the Avid itself.
  • Quick Links