Crowds RBD Ragdoll issue

5070   6   2
7 posts
Hello everyone.
I tried to follow and repeat this Crowds RBD Ragdoll [sidefx.com] tutorial, basically everything is easy and it is clear but ..
At the end the dynamics turns weird, agents start to behave inappropriately.
Some of them starting to float in the air, and some go under the ground..
You can see it on Flipbook which I've attached below.
So because of my lack of knowledge, I can't understand why it happens and how do I fix it?
Any tips or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Crowds_RBD_Ragdoll.mp4 (3.0 MB)
Crowds_RBD_Ragdoll.rar (750.7 KB)

4 posts
Yeah same issue here as well. Any luck figuring it out?
28 posts
I had the same problem, but if you apply a terrain the problem with the flying agents is solved. Look this tutorial also

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3143&Itemid=408 [sidefx.com]

The tutor in this tutorial, when had a problem delete those agents, but they are deleted from the viewport, not from the sim, so you need to be careful about that.
7 posts
@martinlarravide
Hell, yeah.. It solves the main problem..
Thank you for this! :wink:
If instead of the Ground Plane make a simple Grid (which I anyway should create to render the floor) and add it as a Terrain then this problem with a floating agents disappears..

There is still problem remains with the intersection between the agents themselves, but it is not so important for now.

By the way it seems to me, that the ‘solution’ to remove agents from the viewport is not quite correct..
Because in my case almost half of agents start to levitate or going underground, so if I start to remove them, then the half of the agents will be absent..

Attachments:
RBD_Crowds.mp4 (12.4 MB)

28 posts
7 posts
I ended up on this.. https://vimeo.com/145864115 [vimeo.com]
Combined together useful things from the forum, and from couple of tutorials.

[postimg.org]
1 posts
The issue in H16 is that in the crowd solver, under the particle motion tab, you need to turn on Project forces.

From the H16 help:
Project Forces: if enabled, forces will be projected into the plane defined by the agent's up vector. This can be used to prevent 3D forces from causing agents to move vertically

• Quick Links