can't set prerender script from tcl properly

3273   2   1
23 posts
I can't get tcl to set the prerender/postrender scripts for a render ROP.

If I put this into the TK Console:

hscript opparm /out/mantra1 prerender “hello”

it works properly and puts hello in the prerender script parameter. But if I put any real script commands:

hscript opparm /out/mantra1 prerender “opcf /obj;”

It says “Unknown command: }” and it puts “{opcf” in the prerender script parameter.

What I'm trying to do is run a tcl script file when I press a button in a digital asset. The tcl script creates the prerender script string I want and puts it into the ROP. I have a variable $prerenderscript. I will do this:
hscript opparm /out/mantra1 prerender $prerenderscript.

But I keep getting just the curly braces and the first word of my script to show up in the prerender script parameter.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

Thanks,
Christine Smith
Norhtrop Grumman
Engineering Visualization Resource
201 posts
chrsmith
I can't get tcl to set the prerender/postrender scripts for a render ROP.

If I put this into the TK Console:

hscript opparm /out/mantra1 prerender “hello”

it works properly and puts hello in the prerender script parameter. But if I put any real script commands:

hscript opparm /out/mantra1 prerender “opcf /obj;”

It says “Unknown command: }” and it puts “{opcf” in the prerender script parameter.

What I'm trying to do is run a tcl script file when I press a button in a digital asset. The tcl script creates the prerender script string I want and puts it into the ROP. I have a variable $prerenderscript. I will do this:
hscript opparm /out/mantra1 prerender $prerenderscript.

But I keep getting just the curly braces and the first word of my script to show up in the prerender script parameter.

Hey Christine,

Sounds very similiar to the problem I was having with setting variables. See http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=4297 [sidefx.com]
Seems H7 didn't interpret curly braces & double-quotes properly.

Good news though … I tried out your example in H8 & it works!

Cheers,
Rob
Cheers,
Rob
Digital Supervisor | Stargate Studios Toronto
23 posts
What's weird is that I wasn't using any curly braces. They just showed up in my pre-render script parameter. Well, I guess it's time to upgrade to 8. We were just considering doing that yesterday.

Thanks for testing in 8 for me!
  • Quick Links