Houdini Fx 14.0.291 won't start on Windows 7 with Apprentice

2595   5   0
1 posts
I just installed Houdini Fx 14.0.291 on Windows 7, installing with the apprentice license.

All seemed fine, but when I try to start Houdini, a dialog box pops up saying that there is a missing resource and then closes too fast for me to read more. Houdini never comes up.

Has anyone else seen this?
85 posts
The same here,
Installed Houdini apprentice 14 a week ago and all worked fine.
But now when I try to start the program it gives me “Fatal Error”, some info about crashreport en closes.

Did you solve that problem yet?

Regards, Robert Glotzbach
Houdini, Cinema4D, 3Dcoat, Marvelous Designer
53 posts
I have had issues before when not running it as an administrator, it would come up with a strange error and it took me a while to realise that's all it was, worth a shot in your case!
www.carlocarfora.co.uk [www.carlocarfora.co.uk]
85 posts
carlo_c
I have had issues before when not running it as an administrator, it would come up with a strange error and it took me a while to realise that's all it was, worth a shot in your case!

Thanks Carlo,

It was worth a try, but no, didn't work.

Thanks for suggesting :-)

Regards, Robert
85 posts
Ok I found it
Houdini was using the integrated video card, changing it the the nVidia card fixed it. Kind of weird because when installing it worked fine.

Anyway;…. problem solved.

Regards, Robert
1 posts
How can you download the 14.0.291 version.I'm looking for it all day.Would you like to share the install pack for me please? if you are willing you can send mail to xiang9999_2000@yahoo.com.Thank you very much. By the way I use it on win7 64bit.
  • Quick Links