HQueue on Windows, network permission errors

30781   22   4
15 posts
I have managed to get a farm (3 machines 24cores) up and running with HQueue on windows 10 and windows 7. Disable UAC, make sure the account the server service and client service run under has ownership and full permissions to the shared hq folder/the H: mount. Otherwise just follow the manual provided by sidefx I guess.

A side note, I am having an issue where although my machines take and execute a job, they rarely use much cpu while doing it. It is much slower to run a sim on 3 machines than it is to run it on one for some reason… I was thinking maybe its a network throughput bottle neck… but task manager doesn't show and insane amount of traffic happening on my LAN… Any ideas?

-Kyle
7 posts
hi guys i have prepare a complete tutorial for those who are starting to become insane with HQUEUE / Windows 10 config …

you can download it on od force :
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/24063-is-hqueue-for-indie-a-production-ready-tool-under-windows/page-2#entry145377 [forums.odforce.net]

Cheers

Emmanuel
76 posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry to dig this up but would anyone be so kind to explain what this means:

“2. Create a separate render login with administrator privileges and access to the shared drive. (everybody logs into this when they leave for the day and/or this is what you use for dedicated render nodes)”?

I am having some issues with setting up HQueue on Windows 10.
  • Quick Links