Viscous FLIP and RBD point obj collision - weird behavior

1981   1   1
7 posts
Hello,

I'd like to ask if some of you have experience with viscous flip fluid colliding with RBD point object (multiple RBD objects, copied on point positions).

I am trying to achieve a sim of a viscous chocolate or yogurt-like fluid and falling blueberries, but the blueberries start to fly all around few frames after the contact with the fluid.

I tried different solvers (RBD, Bullet, both are acting similarly with slightly different explosions), a LOT of substeps (100 substeps for Bullet should be enough..), and different setting on the RBD solver (penetration threshold, split impulse..etc) but no luck.

Does anyone know why it's happening?

Thanks!

Attachments:
FLIP_RBD_point_collision_V01.hipnc (1.9 MB)

49 posts
Had a little bit of time to look into your file.

Sometimes the solution is more simple than you think, saying that hopefully this is what you are looking for.

On the flip solver, in the Volume Motion tab>>Solver Tab, there is a parameter called Feedback Scale, by default I think it is set at 1. This is the parameter that decides how objects react to the fluid . So I turned this value down to 0.1 but in my opinion 0.5 works better and gives interesting motion and your blueberries dont fly away!
  • Quick Links