Constraint problem with deforming active and deforming static packed RBD's

3212   1   0
3 posts
Down the rabbit hole we go.

I have two packed rbd objects and one static object for collision purposes.

Of the two rbd packed objects, one is set to static deforming and the other is set to active deforming.

Think of a shape shifting egg shell with a section of it that gets broken.

My goal is to constrain the AD to the SD using springs and or glue and then hit them with the static object breaking some of the constraints.

The problem is none of the constraints(No matter the type) travel with the objects as they deform unless I use set always and overwrite them each frame. If I don't, once the RBDs begin to move, springs get stretched to crazy lengths and become unstable, glue just sits in place and does nothing and hard constraints just explode.

I've had the best luck with springs so far. Overwriting them each frame seems to keep things together and apply forces in a somewhat predictable manner. However, overwriting them each frame makes trying to delete the constraints both in sops or a solver within dops seemingly impossible. The constriant solver manages to pick up the springs and attach them to their respective pieces no matter how or where I delete them.

Perhaps someone has set up something similar to this and found a work around to having to overwrite the springs each frame? Really stuck on this one.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
2 posts
i have the same problem, if someone could really help with this.
  • Quick Links