Emit RBD particles

11965   7   2
86 posts
Hello

Is it possible to emit particles in Houdini as RBD Bullet objects in the way ICE does?

Even a vague pointer would be very appreciated.

Thanks

restposition.co.uk
387 posts
Look at this example.

A set emit positions (and shape) as packed primitive in SOP.
Then in DOP I imported them in rbdpacked object, I edit this HDA (RMB context menu, allow editing of context and change activation on emptyobject1 to 1 (remove expression)).

Then I wired it into multisolver, I added pop wind (for particle branch) then I added rbdsolver for collisions.

Attachments:
pz_rbd_particles.hipnc (948.5 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
you should watch the Particles Masterclass…some great examples there, including exactly what you're looking for.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
86 posts
Thankyou pezetko and arctor I'll take a look. Sorry if I seem lazy, I just couldn't seem to find the information in the help files.
restposition.co.uk
238 posts
pezetko
Look at this example.

Then in DOP I imported them in rbdpacked object, I edit this HDA (RMB context menu, allow editing of context and change activation on emptyobject1 to 1 (remove expression)).

Then I wired it into multisolver, I added pop wind (for particle branch) then I added rbdsolver for collisions.

this will accumulate a lot of seperate dop objects right?
is this something to neglect?
http://www.sekowfx.com [www.sekowfx.com]
31 posts
If you look in the helpcard for the RBD packed object node, there's an example scene that shows the correct way to set up this effect using a SOP solver
575 posts
sekow
pezetko
Look at this example.

this will accumulate a lot of seperate dop objects right?
is this something to neglect?
by using packed primitives objects You only get one rbd object for all packed prims, it's much faster
1 posts

Hi Pezetko,

Hopefully you'll get some sort of notification since this topic is two years old.

With the example file you posted, is there a way to emit less objects, and also at a slower rate? I've had a look around and cant seem to see a ‘birth’ tab or anything in the nodes.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie
  • Quick Links