uiS[cript]Py uispy is being made availible for free download

2654   1   1
23 posts
I have decided to make available, uiScriptPy, a python wrapper around Houdini’s uiscript. It has been the result of needs I have had and was largely ripped from another defunct project. It should be considered alpha. I am aware of a couple efforts to do this, however I think uispy is fairly robust and useful. It fills a nice space where simple dialogs beyond hou.ui are needed, but full blown pySide/pyQt may be overkill

Hopefully this will also provide an exploratory opportunity as I plan to document its clean-up on my blog eyevex.com bit by bit in the New year (assuming compatibility with h16 for now). At that time some more examples will be coming, until then feel free to download and poke around.

It is acknowledged, that a few things are broken or missing, some the scripts are a bit hacky, there are places for improvement, and a bit that is completely wrong, but working. This is alpha, which mean it has only been used my myself and really only on a specific setup

Happy Holidays and New Years
(|;-D>

www.eyevex.com

NOTE there seems to be a quirk where wordpress is mutating certain symbols so to use example properly for now, please copy and paste to a text editor, and replace the single quote with.. Yes, what appears to be the same single quote on your keyboard… if you run into this issue.
Edited by eyevex - Dec. 28, 2016 10:29:04
897 posts
Fantastic! Looks like a great source of resources and learning material. Will take time to see how it fits in my workflows but judging by a quick look it's very promising.

(btw, maybe you should have a link to the download page in your post)
B.Henriksson, DICE
  • Quick Links