40 Secondes for created a Plane / Box / Sphere ... with a message on the bottom left

1956   3   1
2 posts
Hello Everyone,

I've started Houdini since two days and i have a problem that when i tried to create a plane or whatever in Houdini it takes 30 to 40 secondes and it says Run Hscript Command / Uptding export / Evaluating python / Running python script on the bottom left. I'm new to Houdini but not in 3D software (such as Max, Maya, Zbrush…) and i don't think my computer is in fault ( i7 3.4Ghz / SSD / 16 Go Ram …) If anyone has an idea . ( I'm sorry for my english by the way

Thanks and have a good day.
90 posts
Zykau
Hello Everyone,

I've started Houdini since two days and i have a problem that when i tried to create a plane or whatever in Houdini it takes 30 to 40 secondes and it says Run Hscript Command / Uptding export / Evaluating python / Running python script on the bottom left. I'm new to Houdini but not in 3D software (such as Max, Maya, Zbrush…) and i don't think my computer is in fault ( i7 3.4Ghz / SSD / 16 Go Ram …) If anyone has an idea . ( I'm sorry for my english by the way

Thanks and have a good day.

Can you provide the file you're using? It shouldn't take more than fraction of a second to create a primitive. Are you using the shelf tools to create them or are you typing in the network editor?
Staff
3455 posts
what OS and graphics card/driver version do you have?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2 posts
It Works ! Apparently after the fifth time that i re-instaled it, it seems to be working fine strangely …

I don't know why but there's no delay or other message and the bottom left.

Thanks you a lot for taking the time to answer me.

(I'm on Windows and using a GTX 1070 with the latest version by the way )
  • Quick Links