Realtime processing of Houdini Assets inside Unity (same thing for UE4 though)

1578   0   1
4 posts
Hello guys!!

So I'm relatively new to Houdini, and originally got into it because of it's procedural functionality (I come from a slightly technical background) since I figured I would be able to simply run the Houdini Engine directly through my game's builds - this however seems not to be the case - limiting the functionality of the Houdini Engine to the Editor itself.

This seems to be a big problem to me since I had built most of my tools with the idea in mind that I would later be altering the parameters of these with random functions at runtime (in order to have a “procedural world”).

I read on the forums that this is something that the SideFX team is seriously looking into since they are aware of how limiting this might end up being for indie developers - my concern is whether this is still being looked into or not - since I saw this on a few posts but all of these were at least a year old.

I would really appreciate an update on the matter since I was building this game for my thesis, which I have to submit this semester (meaning that if Houdini will still not be able to do what I intended it to do for my project by the time I have to submit it, I'm gonna have to rethink the whole idea).

thank you so much in advance for any details you guys can give me,

I really appreciate it!

——————-

Enrique
  • Quick Links