Slow interaction while executing some of the node in the houdini

4698   4   2
2 posts
It is happened after GPU is crashed inside the Houdini. When I have restarted my computer, Houdini is still running really slow for creating the node such as Isooffset and scatter. And it is normal to create objects like sphere. But it is also very slow when I try to click to the sphere.obj and dive into the SOP level content of the objects.

I have checked my GPU with other OpenGL-based software like Substance Designer. It works smoothly and no issues.

I have used RAZER blade Stealth with Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 -6700HQ CPU @2.60GHz 2.59GHZ and NVIDIVA GeForce GTX 970M. Its system type is 64-bit operating system and x-64 based processor.
2 posts
I am also experiencing the same problem. This started happening last week, and it's not only us. A lot of my friends are also experiencing this issue. When you create a node that's taking a long time, do you see on the bottom left corner a timer that tells you how long it's been creating the node? Do you also see “Cooking OP”, “Running Python”, etc. as well? If so, then we are all having the exact same problem. I am also looking for a solution, but if we are all experiencing the same issue then I feel like the problem isn't anything we caused.
1 posts
I've just installed Houdini and was really excited about trying it, but I'm having exactly the same problem. I was hoping to move my 3D pipeline to Houdini. However, on first install I open it up. Create a box…….and wait 40 seconds for it to appear in the viewport.

Not an encouraging start.
1743 posts
Someone found a solution to a very similar-sounding problem: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/48266/?page=1#post-217935 [sidefx.com] Issues with a recent NVidia GPU driver update.
Edited by neil_math_comp - Feb. 21, 2017 16:50:21
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
83 posts
I haven't done any real heavy fiddling with Houdini 16 but overall it does seem a tad slow on my rMBP.

Also what's with that Houdini Indie watermark on the network view ? Its very distracting.
  • Quick Links