Houdini engine for Android

10412   5   1
2 posts
Hi, I'm thinking about using Houdini for an Android/IOS project. The problem as you may know is that the engine doesn't support this platform. Do you know if there are plans to support it?

I know that you can switch platform to be able to edit and build assets, it's just that this kind of workflow as the project starts to get lots of content is really not friendly.
402 posts
There are no plans at this time to add support for Android/iOS. It's a fairly involved problem.
193 posts
would it maybe just be easier to come up with some kind of automated build process in unity?

what are the steps to build a project this way? You need to bake your assets from houdini and then disable your hdas/otls, right? i mean, that's pretty much it.

how do companies that target multiple platforms do it? like, if you are building for PS4/XBone/PC all at the same time, i'm assuming you can do all 3 at once without switching platforms in the editor.

I don't know how to do it off the top of my head, but that's where i would start looking…

Maybe something like this asset would help:

Unity Build Automator [assetstore.unity3d.com]
Edited by twelveplusplus - Nov. 5, 2016 23:44:26
402 posts
Ya, this is a workflow that needs to be improved. Switching platforms between testing on desired platform and editing HDAs on supported platform is still the best I can suggest. You shouldn't have to disable assets in any way though, even for the final builds for any platform. Assets will be disabled regardless in game code.
11 posts
i also hope houdini engine to work on android and ios build platforms.
193 posts
it certainly seems to be working now
  • Quick Links