How to give Inside Surface the same Material Group when Fracturing?

2251   1   1
17 posts
Hi!
I am stuck with this problem and wonder if anyone has an advise for me how to handle this?
Btw I am a Houdini Noob and just started to learn it

I imported a single model from 3dsMax consisting of 3 different materials via FBX Import.
When I fracture my model the inside surface will be a different material or group:

How can I apply the same Material/Group to the inside surfaces? (E.g. Green Bricks have green inside surface and red pillars have red inside surface, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
test.hipnc (611.6 KB)

17 posts
Okay I found a simple solution for my problem. Maybe it helps somebody who also just started to learn Houdini.

First I tried Attribute Transfer, but it works by proximity and produced bad results.

So I stumbled over the Attribute Copy SOP (Geometry Node).
With middle mouse button on my node I realized that there is an attribute called shop_materialpath and name which seems to be the imported materials and the created group names.

So I wrote them into the Attribute to Copy and Attribute Match text fields and changed the Group Type to Primitive.
Source and Destination groups outside and inside were declared in the Voronoi Fracture SOP by standard.

and it worked

Edited by Qwertzus - March 13, 2017 05:11:10
  • Quick Links