Need help with Connect Adjacent Pieces Node

2446   2   0
12 posts
I'm following this tut https://vimeo.com/185820853 [vimeo.com] I've reached the 1:52:00 mark and am now stuck. Whenever I made some tweaks inside the connect adjacent pieces nodes it seems like I can't get the pig heads to display. All i see is the wires from the connect adjacent node. When I go to sim i can see data being cached but nothing happens. Pic and hip files attached. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments:
Example.png (354.8 KB)
Example.hipnc (470.4 KB)

1769 posts
The connect adjacent pieces will make the packed points connected, to define the constraints, the pig heads are not visible at this stage.

I removed the translate and rotate from your voronoi object, try to avoid any translation at object level, use a transform sop instead at geometry level.

renamed the nulls to have more descriptive names, so you know what are you referencing

the rbdpackedobject in DOPs was referencing the constraints, that cause the wrong display, also there were no proper geometries to simulate.

now it works properly.

cheers
Edited by buki - March 11, 2017 16:31:57

Attachments:
Example_db.hipnc (470.6 KB)

daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
12 posts
buki
The connect adjacent pieces will make the packed points connected, to define the constraints, the pig heads are not visible at this stage.

I removed the translate and rotate from your voronoi object, try to avoid any translation at object level, use a transform sop instead at geometry level.

renamed the nulls to have more descriptive names, so you know what are you referencing

the rbdpackedobject in DOPs was referencing the constraints, that cause the wrong display, also there were no proper geometries to simulate.

now it works properly.

cheers
Thanks! Much appreciated.
  • Quick Links