Pyro Solver Help? Please

2474   2   1
4 posts
Hello Guru's

Im new to Houdini (C4D convert and loving it!) I am trying to explode geometry from a Pyro shelf tool. I have the explosion looking the way I want but I don't know how to make the Now added geometry to the scene to shatter upon impact from the explosion. I Know how to shatter an object when its alone and make an RBD object break it as well But I don't know the steps to have an explosion break geometry. I tried before bothering you guys with no success and all the videos online just show them doing it and not how. Please Help.
6-Core i7, 64gigs DDR4 Ram
Two Nvidia GTX 1070
2529 posts
I think most of the time that is just faked timing. Why not do the same? If you know how to shatter when alone, just time it out so it looks like the explosion caused the shatter.

Otherwise the first thing that comes to mind is to export your explosion animation and convert your density field into geometry over time. Then re-import that into the shatter simulation and use it as a deforming collider to push things apart.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
4 posts
Thanks enivob. That was my next option / thought, I just thought houdini Had a workflow for it. And I wanted to do / learn the efficient way instead of creating a workaround based off of my lack of knowledge. I really appreciate your rapid response and help. Your a superstar!!!!
Edited by ctjones1 - March 28, 2017 12:15:10
6-Core i7, 64gigs DDR4 Ram
Two Nvidia GTX 1070
  • Quick Links